Monday, November 12, 2012

On the Mountain

Last weekend our cross-country team traveled up to Chattanooga, TN and stayed at Fort Bluff Camp. The cool breezes, colorful trees, and high altitudes were amazing. I love the mountains!
Just walking around the camp, awed me. The mountain's beauty sang of God's glory. The people there call it The Mountain. "I hope you enjoy staying on the mountain. Or - While you are on the mountain-''. It was a good time where Christ was honored. People praised God, not man. I loved staying there.

"The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of his hands." ~ Psalms 19:1
My sweet friends were such an encouragement. I am blessed.

The night before the race, we ate with the other runners and heard a guest speaker. His message, though very convicting, was a great blessing to hear. He talked about our sinful state. He addressed very clearly what it means to be ''dead to sin''. He told of Christ's salvation and of our purpose in life. It was a great reminder and I pray the Lord used it in many hearts.
Lovely friends.. ♥

 Here we go lining up. This was my last race. My last XC meet. I must say that I was very sad and many tears were shed. When you run a cross country meet, you not only have the pressure of your own conscience, but the accountability of your coach and team-mates urging you to go on. I will miss that and I will miss the love that I shared with the team.



 Go Spartans!



No comments:

Post a Comment